Displaying a Sectional Chart in Google Earth ™
Installing a sectional chart.:
1. Download the chart in which you are interested in JPEG format, and save it in a location on your computer where it can be stored permanently.
2. Go to the 3D View tab on the Tools -> Options menu (on the Mac version it's Google Earth-> Preferences). Set Show -> Lat/Long to Decimal Degrees.
3. Install the map by selecting Add -> Image Overlay. Enter a name for the chart in the Name box. Select the Browse... button, browse to the location where the chart is located, and select it. On the Location tab enter the North, South, East, and West values from the table at the bottom of this page. Press the OK button to complete the installation.
Turning a chart on or off:
1. If you don't see the sidebar, enable it by clicking the Show Sidebar icon on the toolbar. In the sidebar under Places, you should see a My Places folder with an entry for the sectional chart inside it.
2. The chart can be turned on or off by clicking the checkbox next to it. Generally you will want to keep the chart turned off most of the time so that you can see the Google Earth images.
Uninstalling a chart:
Simply right click the chart in the sidebar, and choose Delete from the drop-down menu.
Chart Geographical Limits:
(Press BACK to continue.)