Additional Detail Information for Turnpoint File
Here are some additional fine points for using input
- You can choose to limit the output to include turnpoints only.
For tab delmited or .STX input files, "turnpoints" include any
airport marked as a start, finish, or turnpoint.
- For .CUP input files, a turnpoint is indicated in the comment
field, as described in Comments in
CUP and STX files.
- If a turnpoint in a tab delimited or .STX input file is
numbered, that number will be used as prefix in the code name in
the output files. If you don't wish to see these numbers, use a
text editor (such as NotePad) to change them to zero before
uploading the turnpoint file.
- Every airport in an input file should have an associated
identifier. If one is not listed as described in Comments
in CUP and STX files the system will search for one in the
FAA database, by geographical proximity. If one is not found,
the airport attribute will be deleted. See Why
are airports sometimes missing in output files? for more
- If a comment in for an airport in an input turnpoint file
begins with an exclamation point, that comment will replace the
auto-generated one in the output file.
- If a comment for an airport in an input turnpoint file ends
with a tilde ('~') followed by additional information, that
information will be appended to the auto-generated comment in
the output file.
(Press BACK to continue)